I used to listed to BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs quite a lot. In case you haven’t heard this program, the premise is quite simple: well-known (Mostly British) people are asked to list their favourite 10 records. At the end of the program, they select the one disc they would take with them to a fictional desert island. I think they also get to choose one luxury and one book.
Anyway, being that the BBC are unlikely ever to call me into the studios, I thought I might just as well list some of my favourite tracks here*. For the record, as it were:
10. Kashmir / Led Zeppelin.
9. Closer to the Heart / Rush
8. House of Cards / Radiohead
7. September of my Years / Frank Sinatra
6. O Soave Fanciulla / Luciano Pavarotti
5. Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) / Jimi Hendrix
4. Don’t Interrupt the Sorrow / Joni Mitchell
3. Human Touch / Bruce Springsteen
2. I Believe in You / Talk Talk
1. Powderfinger / Neil Young
*Since this little-read blog is my own personal fiefdom, I may take the liberty of rearranging / updating this list as the mood takes me.