Blog

An update: I have spent the past couple of weeks doing test prints to determine exposure times.  It took me quite a while (And a good number of polymer plates) to pin down the correct…
Posted on October 11, 2018
Today I made a few test prints to determine exposure times. They didn’t turn out as expected: the steps should range from dark grey to deep black. You can see what I got below. I’m…
Posted on September 17, 2018
The stand went together pretty easily – it took about an hour to build it. I got the press mounted on it today. My brother lent me his drill to finish the job. A little…
Posted on July 26, 2018
My press arrived today. Norwich art shipped it yesterday and TNT delivered it this afternoon. So far, so good. Gerry gave me a lift up the stairs with it. My guess is it weighs about…
Posted on July 17, 2018
I needed a printer to make negatives with for this malarky. My first thought was a used Epson 3880 – About £350 on ebay. I found a little-used one in England and almost bought it…
Posted on July 9, 2018
The John Pearson print I ordered arrived yesterday from The Highpoint Center For Printmaking. I’m very happy with it. It lets me see what can be done with this medium (Polymer photogravure). John clearly knows…
Posted on July 4, 2018
Today I received two aquatint screens in the post from Keith Taylor. These are “Stochastic” screens that give you the small dots necessary for continuous tone in the photogravure print. According to Keith’s notes, they’re…
Posted on June 25, 2018
This is the UV unit I intend to use for photogravure. It’s made by Creative Printers of London. The model is LV204. I got mine from Fortex. I had been looking at vacuum units from…
Posted on June 20, 2018
The press I decided on, after much research, is a Conrad Machine E-15. My main criteria was that it should be geared, as high pressure is required for polymer photogravure. I had read here and…
Posted on June 14, 2018
Load more